If you are planning to emigrate to the United States, the process can become complicated. Fortunately, your doctor can help provide you with the documentation and medical care you need to help simplify the process. The doctors at Lawndale Medical Clinic in Houston, TX, provide a wide range of medical services, including immigration examinations.
What You Need To Know About an Immigration Exam
To help your immigration exam go smoothly, it’s helpful to have a few documents ready for your doctor. You need to bring:
- Your detailed medical history
- Your vaccination records
- A letter from your doctor detailing any health problems you have and current treatment plans
- Your health insurance card, if you have one
- A government-issued photo ID such as a driver’s license, work permit, or passport
- The medical exam fee payment
- Form I-693, the “Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record”
Download Form I-693 from the USCIS website and bring it with you to Lawndale Medical Clinic at your appointment time.
During your immigration exam, your doctor will:
- Evaluate your medical history
- Perform a complete physical and mental examination
- Test you for drug and alcohol use
- Perform illness and disease screenings
- Administer necessary vaccinations to enter the United States
Currently, required vaccinations to enter the United States include:
- Tetanus and Diphtheria Toxoids
- Haemophilus influenzae type B
- Hepatitis B
- Any additional vaccines recommended by the Advisory Committee for Immunization Practices
You must show proof of required vaccinations, according to the Immigration and Nationality Act legislation passed by Congress in 1996. The doctors at Lawndale Medical Clinic can provide you with the verification you need to satisfy this requirement.
To view or print information about required vaccines for immigration into the United States, please click here.
Want To Know More?
To find out more about what to expect during your immigration exam, talk with the experts. Call Drs. Calixto Ruibal, Silvia Boccardo, and Julio Scaglia at Lawndale Medical Clinic in Houston, TX. You can reach them in the office by calling (713) 924-4907, so call today.